Primary schools play a very important role in introducing children to physical activity and sports as well as core values like teamwork, enjoyment, discipline and respect. Through Shelford Rugby Clubs Supporting Schools Program, we aim to provide opportunities for schools to offer their students access to the game of rugby by delivering quality, safe and fun rugby sessions, providing professional development for teaching staff and hosting rugby festivals, camps and clinics at our wonderful rugby club in Great Shelford.
Shelford’s Supporting Schools Programs can be tailored to suit individual schools’ requirements, with delivery outcomes aligning with the English Rugby Football Union’s age grade rugby regulations. We believe in player focused, empowering coaching that nurtures students love of the game and allows them to develop appropriately for their age and ability. With our holistic approach to sports coaching we aim to develop the person as well as the player, by creating a positive environment that encourages autonomy and produces a sense of belonging, while improving the students’ competence.
Establishing a club link with Shelford Rugby Club will allow our community coaching team to introduce rugby to your school and deliver the RFU designed Activate & Quilter Kids First Rugby Program, that has been professionally designed to teach children from U7 to U13, age appropriate physical development and rugby skills which will allow them to safely and confidently play rugby for their school as well as potentially join their local rugby club.
What you can expect from our Community Coaches:
- RFU / UKCC Level 2 Qualified
- RFU Rugby Ready and Play it Safe Qualified
- RFU Enhanced DBS Checked
- Advanced Safeguarding Children Qualified
- First Aid Trained
- Professional, Friendly and Enthusiastic Coaching
What you can expect from our Rugby Sessions:
- Safe sessions designed appropriately for your schools’ facilities and student abilities
- Person centred coaching focusing on individual development within a group setting
- Combination of fun, small sided games and core skill development
- Development of students understanding of RFU’s core values: Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline & Sportsmanship
- Staff development for increased confidence in delivering contact variations of the game and appropriate, effective sessions
Shelford Rugby Clubs Coaching Philosophy: P.E.O.P.L.E
- Person Centred
For more information about how your school can be involved in a school rugby programme in Cambridgeshire, please contact us using the details below:
Phone: 01223 843357